Sunday 21 December 2014

Share It Sunday, Through The Eyes Of Tweedles!

Nominated by guest blogger Freya


"Today's Hand"


I knew immediately!
I knew that I recognized the sound coming from the deepest part of my forest.
It was a familiar sound.
But the sound that I thought it to be, well, it just couldn't be.
Because you see,,,, it's still winter.
The sounds that I heard, were not winter sounds!
These familiar sounds were frogs,
and they were croaking so loud that the earth seemed to tremble!
I could not ignore their croaks!
I could not ignore them-
especially, because the frogs were calling my name.


And so into the forest I ran as fast as I could.
I ran down a twisted narrow trail.
I leaped over freezing cold streams.
I climbed over huge logs.
And, I trampled through big mud puddles.
Soon I found myself sitting on a big, fat, fallen log.

My eyes peered into the small clear stream, that snaked through the tall trees.
The stream looked so cold, and I knew it was!
The shadows of the giant trees stood silent behind my shoulder, as I sat shivering in the cold.
That was when my eyes caught a glimpse of the frogs,
clustered together in the cold stream.


I stood on all 4 paws as I watched the frogs splash and croak!
What fun they were having splashing and jumping on the rocks and pebbles of many colors!
And then I yelled louder than their croaking frog voices!
"What are you doing, my friends"? 'It's winter"!


All of a sudden,
the biggest frog of all jumped up beside me onto the moss covered log
and started to speak.
"We have something to tell you Tweedles."
"When we woke up this morning, we saw it was a new day."
"It does not matter if its winter or spring, summer or autumn."
"Each day we can have fun."
"We want to share this day with you!"
"So, let's go and make memories!"
"Let's take the hand of "today", and lets go play."
"Today's hand" is reaching for us!"



And so,,, I decided that the frogs, "today," and I, are going to enjoy this new day.
We are going to make memories!
We will go jumping through the forest together!
It does not matter what we do.
It does not matter if its raining or snowing, or sunny.
It's a new day!

Nitey Nite

love
tweedles

Ttweedles!

Continuing to give something back on 'Share It Sunday'
We all share and we grow together.
Pop over and say hello and make a new friend.

From the author Molly The Wally

23 comments:

  1. teeehee....I am sure that you found out that this frog was DIFFERENT from all the others a lot sooner than I DID! For a second there, I thought, "WOWSERS, that's a huge toad!"

    HAVE A SUPER DUPER GREAT SUNDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe the frog was almost as big as Tweedles,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was cute... maybe Tweedles found the real Frog Princes? But I would probably run away when I meet a frog what's as big as me (yes, I'm a hero). Thanks for sharing Molly, have a super sunday and stay warm and comfy, there somes cold air over the channel :o)
    Easy Rider

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Tweedles is a frog princess then I will be the first in line to give her a good kiss and cuddle.
    Lovely post young Tweedles.

    Thanks Molly for sharing one of Tweedles beautiful poems, along with her special friend the frog :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

  5. Tweedles is so cute! I sent you many many messages all of which got bounced back on Hotmail about wanting to nominate pug possessed for my share it sunday I feel so bad you didn't get them I apologize

    retro rover

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is some big frog. Kiss it and you will probably get yourself a prince or a princess, whatever you prefere lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love Tweedles, she is a most treasured and wise friend. We love the way she sees the world
    hugs
    Mr Bailey & Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  8. so very cute. i've heard them here a few times this month, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Catching up on blogs ... and I just wanted to wish you a happy holiday season across the Pond...may your holidays be merry and bright ... hugs from Katie and westie Julep and Derby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. TWEEDLES IS ADORABLE WE LOVE THIS POST
    HUGS MADI AND MOM YOUR BFFFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just love Tweedles, she is very inspiring!!!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the wonderful privilege, of visiting as guest on your blog today!!
    I am honored!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  13. We Like Tweedles.... always so FUNNY.... and this is a Pawfect example...

    MERRY CHRISTMAS to YOU Molly and to your PEEPS...

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love Tweedles! She is so sweet!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sentiments here are so purrfect, especially for this time of year. Thanks for sharing with us, Molly. We enjoyed meeting Tweedles (super cute name) as well. Ho, ho, ho, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa! That is one big, scary, ugly dude frog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We just adore our friend, Tweedles. She is the sweetest little Puggie ever!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  18. We love Tweedles. Hope you had a great day Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww I loved this read!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sure is a big frog with a great message.

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a wonderful story and i am saving this quote. i love it.
    "Let's take the hand of "today", and lets go play."
    "Today's hand" is reaching for us!"

    ReplyDelete
  22. We love Tweedles so much.....stella rose

    ReplyDelete