Wednesday 23 January 2013

Flog It Blog It, Going For Gold!


Molly The Wally Asks is it bold to go gold?


Molly The Wally Asks is it bold to go gold?


For a mere $30,000, you could buy yourself a 24-carat gold covered MacBook Pro with an Apple logo that features multi-color diamonds. Computer company Choppers, will personalize any high-tech gadget and also offers the chance to cover your favorite product in white, rose and yellow gold. You can also choose copper, black and silver chrome. The will take any device and strip it down to the bare metal and engrave and personalize it for a customer and then go ahead and plate that with 24 karat gold. For a price the company will coat just about anything, from Nintendo game controllers to iPhones and Blackberries, raspberries strawberries and blueberries. Discounts are available for multiple orders should you want to kit-out your crew, posse, team or just the whole of Blogville. They should use the slogan ‘Pimp my laptop’ or ‘Ain't such a thing as too much bling! How about ‘Give your rabbit hutch the Midas touch’? 


Think that is bad? Well you can never have too much bling according to Mexican soldiers who seized an arsenal of gold-plated and diamond-encrusted weapons believed to belong to the Valencia gang, allies of the powerful Sinaloa drug cartel. They seem to be fans of hip hop more flip flop we say. These flamboyant gang members spend much of their ill-gotten gains on pimped pistols. Yep pimp my shooter is in! Gold or silver plated they were also encrusted with diamonds. Three of the assault rifles are almost entirely gold-plated and there was even a silencer plated with gold. One particularly image-conscious gangster has made his pistol unique by adding rows of gaudy red and green jewels and a Ferrari logo.

If you could be outrageous what would you have done? I am going to get my dumb phone done with a new ringtone, ding a bling! Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘going for gold’, Ka-ching!


Our friends over at Max The Quilt Cat have told us about Sheila Wedegis who is a great painter of dogs. She is doing 30 Paintings of 30 Dog Noses in January. If you’d like to be included just email your nose photos to sophieATpalm-spiritDOTcom. Her web site is Here Let us have some fun. I have sent mine off for my nose portrait. It is going to be well better than Kates' was yesterday.

There is No Doom or Gloom In Mystic Mollys' Fortune!

Molly The Wally As Mystic Molly In The Blogville Circus!


As part of the Blogville Circus we will be hosting the Fortune telling tent. Leave me a comment from now until the 1st Feb saying you would like your fortune told and let us know if you want me to look into our crystal ball, read the tarot, tea leaves or playing cards. Charge is $1, which you can pay on the 15th & 16th details later. All proceeds will be going to good causes. 

46 comments:

  1. People who buy things like that need to be hit over the head with the 'stupid' stick - or the 'way too rich' stick!
    We will be getting our fortune told Molly.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? What would people think of next. We say give us a Mac that is made of Chicken with a sprinkling of liver. Those bling isn't going to fill our tummies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a gold computers, ugh!

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda like the pimped up pistols ;D BOL!

    I definitely would like my fortune told! Maybe there's a gold gun for me in it somewhere? or at least a 'gold finger' ;P Heh Heh Heh
    Can I gaze into your crystal ball with yaz while you read my fortune? It sure is pretty to look at :)

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOAH! Miz Molly, bring on the bling, KA-CHING! Girl, you boldly go where no one dares! Splendid journalism, superb fortune telling, and I cannot wait for the circus!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmmm, I would love a golden dinner plate please! hehe
    Lovies, Miss Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some folks have way more money than good sense...This is one of those things that just makes me shake my head...Given that, if I was to bling out anything I guess it would be gold buckles and diamonds on Gizmo's collar and leash and a matching bracelet for me...We be stylin'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's too shiny! I can't open my eyes now.

    I still prefer beef jerky to those bling blings though.

    ~Eva

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD Molly that is one shiny MacPro. Wonder what insurance on it costs?

    Heading over to see your cute nose now...
    Hugs madi your BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooops let us know when your nose has been featured.
    Hugs madi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jimmy and Wilson would each like a diamond-encrusted collar with gold clasps and leash hook...please.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yuck to the gold! I'm looking forward to seeing you nose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Humans do the silliest things! All this obsession with bright, shiny objects is quite puzzling.

    Wrigs would love to have his fortune told! We'll let you pick the best method. :-)

    Susan and Wrigs

    ReplyDelete
  14. My bunny sister Lulu would LOVE to give her hutch the Midas touch. Actually, she doesn't live in a hutch, but she would still love some more bling in her life!

    Your pal, Pip

    P.S.: Thanks for the info on the portraits. I am going to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Molly - now I'm inspired... think first I order this apple-thingy - apples are good for my health;o) Have a wonderful wednesday - I'm glad about no doom or gloom ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmmmm....wonder if dey would gold-coat brudder Max (DaOdderWeenie) and we could change him's name to MIDAS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Give me a good, plain, old stick any day. No bling for this dog.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maybe you could get yourself a gold grill Molly! I met a dog once who had a silver canine tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh heck yea...I so want a pimped laptop...and then it will too heavy fur me to carry and then I can hire someone to carry it fur me...it's only money.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  20. I could pimp my shooter WOW so I could have a gold buttocks.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  21. My mom says that those people just have to much money to know what to do with it....geeze!!! I will be sure and come visit your fortune telling tent!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yikes, I think we will stick with plain 'ol "un-golded" things! We are poor!!

    ~Higgins

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm trying to imagine my laptop plated in gold. Once it ended up covered in dog hair, crumbs, and finger prints, I bet it would look really swanky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. And speakin' of the bling...

    Come on over to Nerissa's Life today and check out "Golden Globes... who needs 'em?" There's a special little somethin' waitin' for you there.

    Purrs,
    Nissy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Some people have too much money . . . . Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Now we have seen everything
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  27. i think i want a diamond-encrusted nail file. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sometimes, I just can't understand people with their 'bling things'. Wow.

    Happy day to you, Molly and family!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good to know there are things to buy if we ever become rich!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  30. Molly.... Thanks so much for putting out the word about Sheila's 30 in 30. The noses are rolling in.

    Have a great day pal. We appreciate you.

    hugs, Max, Bugsy and Knuckles.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So all that Glitters... really is GOLD???? That is cool drool.
    If you had your Crystal Ball GOLDed... would it give only Sparkling Fortunes... or would it mean that the FORTUNES would be WORTH a FORTUNE??? OMD this has my head spinning just thinking on it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Even IF I had that kind of money, I can't think of a think I'd want encased in gold. Aren't there better things to spend money on? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Que chick seria se tivesse alguns objetos de ouro como meu celular, o assinho da Mel e as coleiras dos gatinhos! HAHAHAHA

    Beijos Molly e lindo dia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Blinging out guns? That is sad. It just proves that many see them as status symbols or "friviolus trinkets" when they are clearly deadly weapons. Yikes!

    I have a bad spending habit so I would be in trouble if I could just "go for it". Gold plated whatever wouldn't do it for me though. I would splurge for a trip around the world and my dream home for the times I feel like "nesting" :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Woa Molly never knew you were a fortune teller! Finally found your blog! (its so hard being a wordpresser finding blogspots) but I found ya and figured out a way to sucessfully follow you now. This upcoming event sounds very very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wally I finally found your blog! It was so hard (being a wordpresser can be very tricky finding a way to keep in touch with the blogspot) but I did it andamnow successfully following you! Molly a fotune teller! CAN'T MISS OUT ON THAT. Sorry it took me so long to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Popped over to Shelia :) she's got our nose. Those are so tacky..LOL Have a wonderful evening , yes we are all behind again :( xx0xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  38. It's what's inside that counts, so you won't find any gold bones around our house.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  39. Mom says if we had that kinda money she could retire and forget about the bling.
    hugs
    Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  40. Maybe I could get a gold collar?

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  41. Molly, I can't afford a regular MacBook Pro but if I could I woul buy a Pink one...
    Your nose is so cute, I'm sure the painting will be marvelous!
    Licks from Pink

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Molly, I'm just going to Pimp up my dinner and water bowl, bring out the Bling Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  43. That's SO much bling!! Mum says she'd get me a gold hair clip so I'd be all bling too - uh oh!! :)

    Hope you're having a fun day :)

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. OK the guns are kind of cool. Not sure they wouldn't be too visible in the marsh though.

    the brown dawgs

    ReplyDelete
  45. Our mom would like the gold computer. Actually, she is a winter so a white gold or platinum would look better.

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete