Sunday 20 January 2013

Share It Sunday’, Guest Blog Nerissas’ Life.


Nominated by last week’s guest Savannahs’ Paw Tracks!

It was already dead... honest! 


It wasn't me!  I don't know where it came from!!  I don't know how it got here!!!  And besides...  it was already dead.  Honest!

Okay...  I kind of do know where it came from.  It came from where all mice come...  outside in the garden.  I mean, where else would it come from?  I'm not running some kind of mouse factory in the basement.  I didn't order it on-line.  And you peeps know darned well how I hate riding in the car so I sure as mouses didn't drive over to the mall and buy the mouse.  Clearly, the mouse came from the great outdoors.

And I guess I kind of do know how the mouse came to be inside our house, lying there in the middle of the kitchen floor.  Obviously, someone brought it inside.  No self respecting mouse has ever entered my house voluntarily.  I mean, I live with eleven other cats.  Plus, nosey neighbour cat visits on almost a daily basis.  You have to admit, he's a suspicious looking character if ever there was one.  And then there's the cat who came back.  Remember Carson?  So, that means I am only one for fourteen suspects.  And none of us are talking!

Wait a minute!  I'm one of sixteen suspects because there are a couple of peeps living in my house, as well.  Either one of them might have caught that mouse and brought it inside.  It would be just like a peep to do something like that and then blame one of us cats.  Just like a peep, indeed.  In fact, typical peep!  True to form, typical peep.  Mouses I've gotta get myself some new peeps, I think.

Peep #1...  when you came into the kitchen the other morning and saw me sniffing that ol' dead mouse lying there on the floor, all you saw me doing was sniffing.  You absolutely did not see me catching the mouse, killing the mouse, playing with the mouse or carrying the mouse around in my mouth.  You didn't see any of that stuff 'cause I didn't do any of that stuff.  It's all what they call circumstantial evidence.  Don't you pay attention to the television when Law & Order is on?  You need more than just the circumstantial kind of evidence, I think.  You need what they call the smoking gun.  Well, old peep of mine...  you don't have that smoking gun.  No smoke rising from my claws.  No sirree...  not a trace of smoke coming from my claws.  Probably...  most likely...  'CAUSE I DIDN'T DO IT!

And let me tell you something else.  When I came across the mouse that morning, lying there in the middle of the kitchen floor, it was already dead.  Didn't I mention that before?  Yes, I believe I did.  I didn't kill the mouse.  Someone else killed the mouse.  IT WASN'T ME!  HONEST!!!

And peep #1 o' mine...  had you really wanted to find the guilty culprit, you should have looked for the evidence right there and then.  I didn't see you doing any DNA tests on that mouse.  The mouse was probably covered in the saliva of the killer.  Did you check for saliva?  No, of course not.  Let's face it, Jessica Fletcher you are not!


There could have been cat hair on that mouse and that cat hair might have led you to the killer.  But I can tell you this...  if there were any cat hairs, they weren't sterling silver tabby ones like mine.   'Cause when I came across the mouse, IT WAS ALREADY DEAD!  Didn't I mention that before?

For all I know, there might have been a long, 'medium golden brown' hair wrapped around that dead mouse.  That is the name of the colour on the box of stuff you use to cover up all that grey, right?  I see no reason - no reason at all - why you, peep #1, should be eliminated from the list of suspects.

Whoever did it, isn't talking.  That part is clear.  But I do know this.  It wasn't me and...  it was already dead!  HONEST!!!

About Me!



Well, I'm a cat. Pretty much sums it up... don't you think?

Continuing to give something back on my ‘Share It Sunday’. We all share and we grow together.  Pop over say hello and make a new friend.

From the author Molly The Wally.

And don’t forget Blogvilles' Power Of The Paw web site where we can stop over and wish our furry friends who are under the weather well or post a link yourselves.



Don't forget to sign up......as the circus is coming to town on the 15th & 16th Feb..



26 comments:

  1. Love the bit about the mouse..MOL.. Have a super Sunday, it's snowing here :) xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a mistery!!!!
    But I believe you, you didn't kill the mouse.
    Have a nice sunday.
    Woof, woof,

    Chicco

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a wide circle of friends Molly and I think it's lovely that cats are included. Ambercat approves. Amber and next door cat hunt together and I get the odd donation. Sadly she brought me my favourite robin red breast on Christmas morning and I cried. but like your guest bloggy Nerissa, Amber swore she never would harm a dicky bird. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  4. teeheee...come on, FESS UP! We know you did it. Cats are cats, and dogs are dogs...and Miz Molly, I KNOW YOU WANT THAT FOX on my post! Hang on; she has to stay up at least a week then after that....GO FOR IT! We have so many around here!

    OK you two...you three....HAVE A FUN SUNDAY! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you and we look forward to learning more about the circus. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the mouse was over her "best before" date, of course ;o) Thanks for sharing - have a wonderful sunday ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. MOL
    I have never in all my 10.33333 years seen a live mouse. However, I am proud to say I have double deaded stuffed ones!
    Hugs madi your BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovey cats and thanks for your well wishes for our Ernie

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for telling us about the PotP website.. I didn't know about it until today! :) So many of our furiends need a little love and encouragement through some positive thoughts!

    Love the postie! Always nice to meet a new friend... especially one who can dead something and then take care of it sort of Godfather style.

    We are impressed!
    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. too cute. i'd say you have pawsable deniability...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Molly,

    Um... Did you know there are CATS on your blog?? Oh dear. (Okay, yes, they are very cute Cats, but still....)

    Licks,
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that last photo, how do you train cats to blog Mum would like to know :)
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought I saw a puddie tat!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Acredito em você!!!!
    Tenha uma divertida e colorida semana!!!
    beijos *-*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Funny! I need one of those kitty's in my house, every now and then I get a mouse in the attic in my country home. Great story! Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now we are normally scared of kitty cats, but this is one cool car!

    Slobbers

    ReplyDelete
  17. Howdy Molly, we'll have to go visit this kitty cat. Hmmm, wonder if she likes to play chasey? No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there! Thanks so much for featurin' me in your post today. I feel honoured. I feel very honoured, indeed. purrs

    ReplyDelete
  19. We love our pal, Nissy!!!
    What a great feature on him.
    ; ) Katie & Glogirly

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww shucks. Don't worry, everyone makes a mess sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh a mystery...anyone could have done it! teehee

    ReplyDelete
  22. That squirrel poem is wonderful - did you write it???

    Have a great day ... love and westie kisses from Julep & Derby

    www.westiejulep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a great post by my pal, @NerrisatheCat And I'm honored to be nominated to guest on Molly's blog on Sunday. Molly please tell me how I give you the url. Nice to meecha! Herman!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just post me the link to your post you want to put on here and I will do the rest.
      Best wishes Molly

      Delete